Efflorescence can occur in an untreated concrete post; this is a white stain. This is a natural process, caused by lime in the cement reacting with water.
Efflorescence cannot be prevented, as it is a natural property of concrete.
To prevent efflorescence, we recommend coating the concrete. The concrete is given a coating to prevent liquid penetration and reduce efflorescence.
Benefits of coated concrete:
- Attractive, clean finish Surface remains entirely intact
- Protects and extends service life Effective against moss, algae, etc.
- Reduces water absorption- Prevents frost and drought damage
- Reduces risk of efflorescence Prevents water penetration, etc.
- Longer colour retention UV stable
Coated concrete is made to order and has a delivery time of approximately two weeks after ordering.